In more and more places, the possibilities of Open Data in Development for transparency and collaboration are actively explored by policy makers, donor agencies, government officials, development aid workers, researchers, journalists, data experts, visualisation designers and apps developers. (See our calendar for many of those events.)
As the "Open for Change" movement, we want to connect the events we are involved in, to show how much is being done in various places around the world. Do you feel your event is part of this movement too? Contact us!
Open Development Camp 2014
Amsterdam, 9 and 10 October 2014
Open is in: Open government, Open data, Open knowledge.
Openis freedom and innovation, and the promise to empower us as citizens and consumers.
But is Open enough to make the world a smarter, safer and healthier place?
Join us at the Open Development Camp on October 9 & 10 at De Balie in Amsterdam and explore
· How - and even if - open works to empower local communities;
· How to overcome challenges and stay away from the dark sides of open;
· How open should be anchored in rights, rules and responsibilities;
· How we shape open technology, and how open technology shapes us.
Together we aim to bring Open Development to the next level. We will organise interactive sessions that deal with challenges of open in local communities, from the ones around the corner in Amsterdam to the ones in Congo and Brazil. What’s next in Open and how should we apply Open data, legislation and open organisations? What are the new business models? And how do we apply Open in a safe, honest and inclusive way?
What to expect?
· Interaction. Hands-on workshops, discussions, hacking, brainstorming, demonstrations and presentations. And enough time and space to connect and interact.
· People from all over the world, from all sorts of sectors. Developers, designers, researchers, entrepreneurs, aid workers, activists and policy makers.
· Discussion and debate. About the pros and cons of Open Development that will push you out of your comfort zone.
Join us and get your ticket for Open Development Camp 2014 via http://www.opendevelopmentcamp.org
Open Development Camp 2013
Amsterdam, 7 and 8 November 2013
Open Development Camp 2013 is over.... Thanks for making it a success!!
You can still enjoy the pictures & videos that were taken, or browse through the presentations of all the excellent speakers here >>
Open Data for Development Camp 2012
Nairobi, 27 and 28 June 2012
Amsterdam, 29 June 2012
Open Aid Data Conference (Berlin, 28 and 29 September 2011)
A hackday (28th) and conference (29th) at the Heinrich Böll Stiftung in Berlin, organised by OpenAid, the Open Knowledge Foundation, the Heinrich Böll Foundation and Transparency International Germany
Aid Transparency Barcamp Nepal (Kathmandu, 4 August 2011)