Making Kabissa data open
Kabissa is an organization started in 1999 that aims to connect people and organizations for Africa using an online platform built using Drupal and CiviCRM. Existing functionality includes a searchable online directory and map that is managed directly by people working in member organizations.
At this session, I would like to discuss possibilities for using open data to make our online database of over 1500 organisations in Africa more widely useful and to more effectively help increase the exposure of our member organizations online and to build up the reputation and trust of organizations that are doing the best work on the ground.
Ideal outcomes would be:
- Use cases
- Data model
- Potential partners
- Kabissa Connections, a project idea that won the Netsquared challenge in November 2010, provides a broader vision for Kabissa’s roadmap in which Open Data is one important part.
- CiviCRM is an open source constituent relationship management solution. Intro to latest release and new Public API.
- Refer to About Kabissa page for background and history of Kabissa as an organization
- Tobias' notes on the session are here.
- Read a short update on the conversation that took place here (scroll down to 'Making Kabissa Data Open')